Rifugio Vandelli 1926m.

Vai ai contenuti


english version

The Refuge is located at the center of the circus northern Sorapiss, almost to the edge of the base surface and where the waterfall plunges. A few minutes from the Refuge, separated by a short hill, there is the wonderful lake of turquoise color. The Refuge was originally situated near the lake, built in 1821 by PFALZGAU section of the Deutschen und Österreichischen ALPENVEREINES, destroyed by an avalanche in 1895, reconstruction the following year was again buried by snow. After the first Great World War, the section of VENICE CAI (Italin Alpine Club) promoted a new building with a member of foundation Cesare Luigi Luzzatti. But a fire destroyed it on 1959. The final reconstruction, named after the President of the CAI of Venice, Alfonso Vandelli, was inaugurated on 18 September 1966.

The Refuge is small but cozy, the beds are arranged in six bedrooms and eight seats. There is the possibility to make a hot shower, cooking simple unpretentious, genuine and is directly supervised by managers.

Torna ai contenuti | Torna al menu